NEWS RELEASE – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE (14th October 2021).
- HSC has been awarded contract for Australian Unity’s facility in South Melbourne
- Scope includes the full range of HSC solutions powered by the TALIUS Smart Care Platform
- Contract for this project is valued at $1.04m
HSC Technology Group is pleased to announce it has been awarded a contract to supply next generation assistive technology solutions to Australian Unity for the upgrade and refurbishment of its aged care facility located at 114 Albert Rd, South Melbourne, Victoria.
HSC has been appointed by the project manager Hutchinson Builders to deliver the full suite of HSC solutions for 71 assisted living apartments and 84 residential aged care apartments, including:
- HSC Smart Care Facility System – including the Care@Home Nurse Call, wearable pendants, motion sensors, falls radar and Sleepsense sleep monitoring solution.
- TALIUS Track – a real-time location system which provides data for ensuring the wellbeing of residents and compliance
- HSC Resident Engagement System – including a digital concierge capability, telehealth functionality, and access to social media and subscription TV.
- HSC Laundry Garment Management System – a comprehensive solution for monitoring and management of laundry items, to ensure all garments are accurately tracked.
All of the components are integrated into HSC’s TALIUS Smart Care Platform – an agnostic Artificial Intelligence (AI) engine powered by the patented CSIRO Safer Smarter Homes Activities of Daily Living algorithm that links with existing systems and technology to provide resident oversight through simple dashboards.
HSC Managing Director, Graham Russell, said “It’s great that Australian Unity shares our vision on how assistive technology can truly empower and assist people in the aged care sector. We are looking forward to working together to provide their residents with a comprehensive approach to improving health outcomes and enabling ageing in place.”
Australian Unity’s General Manager of Care & Clinical for Independent & Assisted Living, Luke Greive, said they were delighted with the new partnership. “HSC’s solutions will enable Australian Unity to improve health outcomes for our residents and monitor overall wellness as part of our ‘Better Together’ philosophy.”
The project is due to commence this quarter with finalisation in quarter 4, 2022.
About HSC Technology Group
HSC Technology Group is a technology company that improves quality of life, later in life. They do this through their next generation software, the TALIUS™ Smart Care Platform – an intelligent AI brain that collects and analyses data from a range of world-class sensors to improve business and resident outcomes in a range of Aged Care settings. W: hsctg.com.au/talius-smart-care-platform/