1. Information we collect.
The types of personal information we collect about you depends on the nature of engagement with you or the products and services that we may provide to you or a person or entity related to you. We may also collect personal information from you, or third parties, to manage your accounts and services and to better understand you, your preferences and requirements.
Examples of personal information that we may collect include:
- General identifying and contact information, such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address and social media platform username;
- Demographic information, such as age and gender;
- Financial information, such as banking, payment and contribution details;
- Government issued identifiers, such as Tax File, Medicare and Driver’s License numbers;
- Transaction information, such as records of service contacts, reasons for applying for a product or service, photographs, video and call recordings of contacts;
- Registration to programs offered by our clients and resellers or our business partners;
- Activity or preference information collected by our partners, such as retail sales and or buying habits that relate to areas such as health and lifestyle habits.
- Website usage;
- Other personal information needed or required by law, such as the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing Act 2006 (Cth) or tax treaties, and
- Credit related information.
It may be necessary in some circumstances for us to collect some form of sensitive information. Sensitive information includes information about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, political association, religious beliefs or affiliation, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record, health information and genetic information.
We will only collect sensitive information if we need it to provide you with the products or services you have requested or for one of our functions or activities, and you have granted your consent for the information to be collected, or we are legally required or allowed to collect this information.
You do not have to provide us with your personal information. Where possible, we will give you the option to interact with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym. However, if you choose to deal with us in this way or choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our services or otherwise interact with you.
2. How we collect and hold personal information
Generally, we collect your personal information either through a client or reseller that holds your personal information or in some instances from you directly, for example, when we, the client or a reseller deals with you in person or over the phone, when you send us correspondence (including via email), when you complete a questionnaire, form or survey or when you subscribe to our publications or mailing lists.
Sometimes we may collect your personal information from outside sources. These can include marketing mailing lists and other public information (including public posts to social networking sites such as LinkedIn and Twitter) and commercially available personal, identity, geographic and demographic information. Outside sources may also include information gained from a third party such as a client or reseller that we deal with. We may also collect personal information about you from your use of our websites and social media and information you provide to us through contact mailboxes.
3. How do we use personal information
The purposes for which Talius usually collects and uses personal information about you depends on the nature of our interaction or engagement with you or the products and services that we may provide to you or a person or entity related to you but may include:
- to provide services to you and fulfil obligations under an agreement and/or any other contract you may have with us;
- through any service that engages or appoints Talius, such as health care organisations or and aged care service provider;
- to provide information about services and/or special offers to you or other users of our products or services;
- to obtain opinions or comments about services from customers or subscribers;
- to record statistical data for marketing analysis;
- managing, planning, advertising and administering programs, events, competitions and performances;
- managing our relationship with you if you are a customer, data supplier, business partner or shareholder;
- researching, developing and expanding our services;
- informing you of our activities, events and services;
- recruitment processes; and
- responding to requests for information, general enquiries and complaints.
We have a legitimate interest in using your information in the ways listed above. In some cases, it will be lawful for us to collect and use your personal information, for example where it is necessary as part of our, or a third party’s, statutory or public functions or because the law permits or requires us to.
4. Who do we disclose information to and why?
We may share your personal information within the Talius Group. This helps us provide you with information about other products and services within the group, verify your personal information, and offer a streamlined stakeholder or customer-experience across our group.
We may also provide your personal information or your organisational information to selected third parties outside the Talius Group to assist us to provide you with products and services, deliver technology or other support for our business systems, refer us to new customers, or assist us with marketing and data analysis.
To protect your personal information, we select wherever possible service providers that we expect or know to comply with applicable Privacy Laws and limit where possible to only use the personal information we disclose to them for the specific role we ask them to perform.
Where appropriate we also have agreements in place which set out the terms, we expect our service providers to comply with. We may ask for information to satisfy ourselves that they can comply, and are continuing to comply, with the terms of the agreement.
We may also disclose your personal information to others where we are required by law to do so, or we have obtained your consent to such disclosure.
5. Disclosing information overseas
In some instances, the organisations that we may disclose your personal information to may be located in other countries, or have servers located outside of Australia such as the United States, Europe, Singapore, United Kingdom, and India, and those countries in which our suppliers are located.
Where we do this, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that data security and appropriate privacy practices are maintained. We do this by only engaging with third parties located in a country which we believe has similar privacy laws to Australia, or by ensuring the third party can provide the same level of protection consistent with Australian Privacy Laws. Before entering into an agreement with an overseas party, and throughout the engagement, we may ask for information to satisfy ourselves that they can comply and continue to comply with the terms of the agreement.
6. How do we protect your personal information?
We hold personal information in both hard copy and electronic formats. In some cases, we engage third parties to host electronic data (including data in relation to the services we provide) on our behalf. We take reasonable security measures to protect the personal information we hold which includes physical controls as well as technological controls (for example, restriction of access, firewalls, the use of encryption, passwords and digital certificates).
We also have policies and processes which govern document retention and data breach incidents, such as restricting access to information to members of staff on a need to know basis.
7. Visiting our website and online activity
8. Accessing and correcting personal information
Talius Group will endeavour to keep your personal information accurate, complete and up to date. As the accuracy of personal information largely depends on the information that you provide to us, we request that you advise us of any errors in or updates require to your personal information.
If you believe that the information, we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may contact our Privacy Officer with details of the correction and we will update the relevant information accordingly.
Contact Talius Group Privacy Officer
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Phone: 1300 889 838
By Post: Suite 2/17 Cairns Street Loganholme Qld 4129
9. Links to third party sites
Talius Group website(s) may contain links to websites operated by third parties. If you access a third party website through our website(s), personal information may be collected by that third party website. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party provider or website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party provider or website. Third party providers / websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
10. Resolving your privacy concerns or complaints
For complaints about how Talius Group handles, processes or manages your personal information, please contact the Talius Group Privacy Officer first and let us respond to your complaint.
Please allow up to 5 days for us to respond to your complaint. It will not always be possible to resolve a complaint to everyone’s satisfaction.
If you are not satisfied with our response to a complaint, you have the right to contact the Office of Australian Information Commissioner (at www.oaic.gov.au/) to lodge a complaint.